Wednesday 11 July, 2007

Pain still lasts...n always will...

The pain still lasts,and always will....
It was a very usual day for me..morning college n then coming back n having a gr8 sleep..n not even bothering to look at the books....But by evening i realised that that day could have been the worst day of my life forever...It was 11th july 2006..a black day in the history of Mumbai...but indeed the darkest day of my life
The clock showed 6.30 pm..i called up dad as i usually used to to ask what do i make for you when u come back home to eat...the voice said.."u both eat..i will take time..will b back in an hour,right now in dadar"...and just about to finish this sentence...i heard..."BOOM"..As anyone could have thought in a simple way..."shayad the cellphone dropped down"..and i hung up..didnt pay heed to that voice that time

It was 7'o clock...mom called up from her office..."hey put on the tv..there's some serious problem..there have been serial blasts n...keep me updated..do u know anything about dad?did he call up ?"...and i knew then n there..the voice i didnt pay heed to..the voice that i believed would have been due to cellphone being dropped down...was nothing but the dreadful sound of a blast that may have killed my dad...i was repeating in my mind..."IT MAY HAVE,ITS NOT NECESSARY THAT IT COULD BE REALLY THE SAME THING THAT I WAS HOPING NOT TO BELIEVE"...but then i recollected the words my dad spoke.."right now in dadar"..and the earth below me just took a high...my heart just sank...i could do nothing but HOPE,that nothing could have been wrong,but he said he was in dadar..what if...????I was totally on phone for the next few hours..just HOPING n PRAYING n infinite number of times, tears rolling down my cheeks..with just an 8 year old sister at home with me..i could do nothing else...His phone wasnt reachable..my heart thumping with horror everytime i dialled his number..just wishing he was safe..n no one else recieved the call to give me any kind of a news..but just wanted to hear him once saying he is safe....

It was 9.30pm now,still i was shivering with no news with me..of my dad,of my mom..but was more worried for my dad coz I HEARD THAT DREADFUL SOUND WHEN THAT THING HAPPENED..9.45 pm..i saw the watch..still filled with fear..i heard my phone ringing..with some fear ,with some wish n loads of prayers..i recieved it.."yes,...ya...".The person on the other end was an NGO speaking.. "i am speaking from the Sion hospital,is this someone related to Vijay amin?...ya...ok so you are his daughter..please send someone here soon..ur dad is severely injured..he is serious.."i heard nothing but the word SERIOUS...and with a stone gulping sensation and my hand shivering so badly that i could even stand...i called up my mom..said her to go there with a heavy heart...but i couldn't just say that word..SERIOUS...After that communication,i was kept waiting for three days with just my small sister at home..no mom,no dad,neighbours being crowding at home to take care of us but with a bit of news from mom that dad is NOT serious

I would have cried n asked, prayed to GOD dont know how many times by that time,but with a satisfaction of he being safe,i had a sensation of well being after those dreadful 3 hrs...and smiled after a long time,feeling as it had been years of me smiling the last time...
No one can imagine the ordeal we went through,the ordeal we are going through,but as a family it has made us stronger and more bound together...

Today he's well,better than before,but still we as a family cant wash off those memories off our minds....but i feel thankful to god for giving him a second life...n today its been a year n want to say thank u god,for keeping us together, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD,I LOVE YOU

10 comments:

Unknown said...

this is one of the best blog I've ever read..
Very touchy..N Very expressive in it's true sence...
The words really seems to be coming from her heart....
Hope Ur Dad will remain with ya to support ya forever...
M happy for U...
keep goin on with the same spirit..
all the best...

Rupam said...

Great saranga!
U kno, No one but you could have depicted the bomb blast 7 the fear associated so well!
By your writing one can make out what it would have been like for the people who witnessed that.
God Bless you & your family!
Rupam :)

【ツ】kศ®ศЙ【ツ】 said...

awww sara u toldd me abt ths before too but the hearty feelingz aahhh u made me cryy
:(
awwwwwww dear so touchyyyyyyyyyyyyy
realii realiii words comes frm deep deeppp n deeepp frm ur heart ech n evry ture
awwwwwwwww
hey wez happy to hav him bakkk
yooooooo
n yaah gr88 luck for allll ur dearzs n nearzs
n wish u all a gud luck
n dw ur family will be alwyzs wid u:)
tht dark even wz past now look for a bright future dear
gr8 gr8888888888 wishes for u all
tc
muahzhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sara n simuuu

Liang-Win said...

hey sarangaa
I could guess when u scraped me abt the bog on bomb blast and related to ur dad also
i can undertsand dear with what happnd, relax
thank God for your dad's safety.
You wrote this well, infact its not what u have written but your heart cried out here.
Muaaa

Anonymous said...

hey saranga ..you didnt told me about that before..
but truely very heart touching..
you seems to be very scrared at that time which we can not only understand but can feel from your every single word ..i know that fear because i was in the same train which had blast after leaving mira road station and luckily i got off from train at mira road station...
all the best..
god will always make you smile for ever..

icecoolsushobhan said...

wow... wonderful!!

WritingsForLife said...

interesting.. really nice post..
you got a good blog here :)

Jay said...

hey dear.. i got 2 tel ya.. this blog is one of a kind.. u r writin in it as if u wer writin in ur own diary.. glad to knw ur dad is well nw.. take care dear.. and keep postin here.. wud b visitin often!! :)

Byee

Anonymous said...

y dont u write about our school days.....it would be fun

Vaibhav Tekam said...

really touchy one!!!
...Even i feel scared while reading this post...Thanks to Almighty that u r still with ur dad and may you be always...!!!!